Development, or app development, is the process of converting a concept or idea into a functional and user-friendly product. It involves planning, designing, programming, testing, deploying, marketing, and updating digital applications or systems.
Development encompasses various stages, including:
- Ideation. Defining the purpose, features, and target audience of the application or software.
- Growth planning. Determining the marketing and advertising strategies to keep the app top of mind at all times among potential and actual users. This stage could be done along with the other steps to ensure app alignment with market realities.
- Design. Planning the user interface, user experience, and overall architecture of the application. Designs could consist of sketches, wireframes, or prototypes that resemble actual apps but do not have functionality.
- Programming. Writing the actual code to implement the planned features and functionality.
- Testing. Identifying and fixing bugs, ensuring the software meets user and legal requirements, and conducting quality assurance. Either the app development team or a sample population of the target market could conduct the actual testing (see Beta testing and User acceptance testing for more information)
- Deployment. Releasing the software for public use or within a specified environment.
In a nutshell, development has gone beyond the confines of merely coding an app. It has now encompassed business-related concepts like marketing, customer satisfaction, and user experience to ensure an app or digital system succeeds for the long haul. Furthermore, development best practices these days tend more towards close collaboration between the coders of apps, the potential clients, and the business team in charge of growth strategies.
Dominate the App Store.
Get the latest industry news first.