Angular 7.2 provides dependency injection, very useful for assembling data services for mobile and web apps, along with use of an HTML template to compose components. With Angular, app developers still compose components with an HTML component that connects to TypeScript code for imperative parts of the program.
Here’s what’s new in Angular 7.2
- Angular 7.2 enhances router capabilities.
- The addition of the Navigation type during navigation. This offers target URLs, Navigation, and NavigationExtras data.
- Allow for passing of state to routerLink directives, as well as passing of state to NavigationExtras.
- Restoration of a whole object when navigating back to a page managed by the Angular router.
- The addition of the pathParamsOrQueryParamsChange mode for runGuardsAndResolvers. This provides an option in which guards and resolvers will ignore changes to matrix parameters. Guards and resolvers will be rerun when the path changes, when path parameters change, or if query parameters change. The primary use of this mode is when updating the UI and getting the URL in sync with local changes.
Also new in Angular 7.2 is an ng-schematics capability for the Bazel build tool. Schematics are created for building a project with an ng new command. Version 7.2 also has bug fixes for Bazel, the router, and the core of the framework.
You can download Angular 7.2 production release from GitHub here.
Image Credit: Infoworld
Get the latest industry news first.