App Launch Strategy
A launch strategy is a comprehensive plan that outlines the steps and tactics a company will take to introduce and release a new mobile application (app) to the market. A well-crafted app launch strategy aims to create awareness, generate interest, and drive initial user adoption to the point that app ROI becomes as high as possible in the shortest possible time. High app ROI tends to follow the more users an app has.
What makes up an ideal app launch strategy?
Typically, a well-executed app launch has the following components:
- Day-one engagement. Day one occurs when an app has been approved and published in app stores, ready for download and use. Activities like in-app promotions, influencer campaigns, and social media contests are important to generate as much interest in the new app as possible.
- Performance monitoring. Tracking key metrics like downloads, active users, app retention rates, and user feedback after launch helps to quickly identify and resolve any potential issues to protect the reputation of the newly launched app.
- Post-launch updates. Continuous app improvements like new features and bug fixes ensure the app gains momentum in acquiring and retaining users after launch, contributing to the digital product’s financial sustainability.
- Community building. Fostering positive communities in online venues like social media groups or forums helps preserve the app’s brand and make it more successful in the long run.
- Data privacy reinforcement. Enhancing the app’s data security and privacy safeguards minimizes the risk of uninstalls, reputation damage, and litigation post-launch.
Dominate the App Store.
Get the latest industry news first.